Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Never push the tip

Firehorse over at homohomosapien and friends here at blogspot (I really have learn how to do links on this thing) have a weekly photo challenge going on. It's about conversation pieces, so I thought I should contribute:


I got my Jeff Stryker doll from Jeff himself. Seriously. I was working for Blue magazine (RIP) and we had planned on doing a photo shoot with him but he backed out (I suspect he flicked through a few issues, saw the formidable physique competition and thought better of it).

Anyway, he just happened to be releasing his Jeff Stryker Action Figure at the same time as our feature so he sent it as a proxy. We even discussed express delivery details over the phone! I was disappointed that he didn't say "You like that, dontcha boy" in a deep growl at least once, but he was otherwise friendly enough.

The action figure starred in an eight-page feature that my good mate Jeffrey Ho, who was Blue's art director, shot around the Opera House and Botanic Gardens. I was the shoot's 'stylist' (I ended up losing his little leather vest) and it was probably the most ridiculous and enjoyable day's work I've ever had.

Below is Jeff in action and the all-important instructions. Remember, never push the tip!


4 comments:

FireHorse said...

The label says: "Jeff's skin is very delicate... Keep the skin smooth and clean by applying baby powder periodically.." That's funny.
I normally have a thing for men shorter than me but Jeff was one guy that didn't do it for me.

Lois Steam said...

A former colleague, Ben Widdicombe, wrote the best line about him: 'He's the only man who's taller lying down than standing up.'

DARIAN ZAM said...

I didn't know that Blue was gone...like I say out of the loop entirely...

Lois Steam said...

Loop, noose...