Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Please click the 'Apply Now' button


”[A certain company] is seeking a talented Editor to take the reigns [sic] of two of its bimonthly magazines, Creative Knitting and Creative Cardmaking. Both magazines require a passionate and energetic editor who will lead the discussion and take them to new highs.”

This was, by far, the most realistic and appealing offer on the major job website today.
Seriously, I think I’m in with a chance.

I foolishly began making cards for my mother in my pre-teens and believe me – once you start, there’s no escape.
I am now the queen of heartfelt expressions on construction paper.
I have had to become increasingly inventive, if not elaborate, in my exertions to avoid actually having to spend any money on a present. It’s become a blessing in disguise, I suppose.
Believe me, a bit of imagination, a sharp blade and a tube of Uhu glue will outshine any David Jones gift pack.

No comments: