Monday, April 21, 2008

The trip to St Vinnies

Just returned from my monthly pilgrimage to St Vincent’s Hospital to pick up my medication.
Nevirapine, Tenofovir, Atazanavir and Ritonavir - mine for only $100!

It usually takes about 15 minutes or so to fill the prescription, so I sat in the garden outside the main building and defied the ‘no smoking’ signs while watching the passing parade of people in varying states of incapacity.
It’s a pretty little landscaped space dotted with benches and statuary, such as this figure of Saint Joseph:


It also often has solitary men like this one looking pensive and sad; I always imagine their wives being treated inside for some ailment.
It can be quite depressing if you let your imagination run away from you.

On the upside, I noticed today that it also provides plenty of comfortable spots to have a good lie down:

2 comments:

Victor said...

That grass would have been wet to lay on today!

Lois Steam said...

That's what I thought - I don't think he noticed.