Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Untwink #4

Some Like It Hot is a classic movie, one of my favourites. I hardly need to go on about it, apart from adding that, along with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon, it also features Mike Mazurki, my favourite Hollywood henchman.
At 6’5”, he towered over his boss Spats Colombo and, for me, proceedings in general.

Having spent a good five decades playing goons (ooh) and thugs (aah), the former wrestler Mazurki essentially made a profession out of menace.
That he also received a Bachelor of Arts degree is either awesome or a little deflating, depending on your point of view.

Mike Mazurki (1909-1990)

1 comment:

Victor said...

Some Like It Hot, in my opinion, is one of the great movies of all time and it contains the best final line (in the context of the movie) ever.